Sophie Neophytou, a fully qualified and trained, highly experienced and professional antiques expert, formed Winchester Valuations in 2003. Winchester Valuations is an independent consultancy company specialising in professional antique and fine art valuations including general household effects, high net worth home contents, silver, jewellery and gemology. Sophie is also a freelance qualified and highly experienced auctioneer of fine art and antiques. She also works for the BBC and ITV television as an independent antiques expert and broadcasts on BBC and local Radio.
Sophie has over 23 years experience in the antique auction, valuation and insurance industry. Sophie likes to give the personal touch on every job from start to finish. She takes her highly skilled knowledge and her qualified and trained experience with her on every job, including written formal valuations for probate and insurance. When properties have to cleared of the contents, she personally handles the job and supervises the emptying of all the drawers, cupboards, attics, garages and cellers etc., to ensure valuable items are salvaged and sold to raise more money for the estate. Winchester Valuations has a unique 24 hours telephone message service for emergencies.
Winchester Valuations act for and behalf of a number of UK solicitors, banks, estate agents, insurance companies, private clients and auction houses. Specialising in formal probate and insurance valuations, house clearances and auctioneering.
Qualifications and Experience
- Over 23 years experience, sensitive and sympathetic
- BA (hons) degree Fine Arts Valuation, Southampton City University, 1995
- Professional Jewellers Diploma, Southampton City University, 1994
- National Association of Goldsmiths Registered and Practising Member, since 1994
- Qualified and trained Chartered Antiques Valuer (MRICS) 1998
- Full Practising Member of The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, since 1995
- Trained Fine Arts Auctioneer and Valuer since 1997
- BBC and ITV television Antiques Expert since 2003
- BBC & local Radio Solent, Antique & Collectables adviser since 2003
- Formerly regional auctioneer and valuer for Bonhams Auctioneers and Phillips Auction House
- Formerly regional Head of Silver for Bonhams Auctioneers and Phillips Auction House
- Formerly regional trusts and estates valuer
- Formerly Southern Antiques Appraiser for Chubb Masterpiece; high net worth insurers
- Cataloguing and Responsible for Rampster Country House/Somerley Country House Auction Sales
- Resonsible for “The Martin Gubbins” collection of Silver Spoons and Allied Wares, 18th July 2002